Go to market Strategy
Cindy provided practical strategic marketing advice for every part of the sales organization. In this blueprint, sje took a tactical approach on how to build a go to market strategy.
Cindy worked with HVAC System’s CEO to develop a strategic sales and marketing lead generation plan based on analysis of an internal assessment, industry, competition, target market, value proposition, customer satisfaction, values and web effectiveness. Initiated a companywide strategic sales and marketing reviews, leading to rationalization of sales team, target markets and new product development efforts and implementation of branding, advertising and online promotional strategy. She helped establish a competitive sales force by offering aggressive compensation, desirable benefits packages and performance-driven sales-incentive programs.
Cindy helped HVAC Systems diversify its revenue, make its business more resilient to economic setbacks and helped the company plan for growth. The go to market strategy is focused on how the organization will put offerings into the market to reach market penetration, revenue and profitability expectations. This charter is a superset of marketing strategy as it impacts all functions within HVAC Systems with the goal of preparing the entire company for market success.
- Determine the market opportunity.
- Decide upon the beach head target for initial market penetration.
- Understand the buying process: Identify the decision makers, approvers, recommenders, influencers and snipers.
- Understand the business issues for decision makers and develop a value proposition that resonates with them.
- Establish a differentiated position.
- Develop a comprehensive and methodical demand management plan to follow-up on qualified opportunities.
- Prepare an implementation plan to ensure the offering is set-up to perform properly.
- Train the Sales organization to handle implementation.
A company’s website is a crucial part of the sales process. B2B lead conversion is often neglected and underestimated, especially with companies that rely on word of mouth referrals. HVAC Systems needed to boost their search engine ranking, increase website traffic, and convert a substantial percentage of that traffic into happy customers. We created a responsive website with a Content Management tool that allowed them to easily build numerous pages that helped to show off their product lines and increase the volume of content. They contracted a new web design that they were able to manage. They could now tell which pages are actually working to convert customers, through analytics and reports. HVAC Systems proceeded with a specific goal: identified their target audience and built a keyword strategy so they could connect with the audience through their content.